The travelling exhibition From the Venus of Petřkovice to the Dolní Vítkovice Area has moved to another two city districts. In April, it will be on display in Mariánské Hory and Hulváky and in Hošťálkovice.
In addition to the basic panels that are part of the exhibition in all city districts and depict the history of the city from prehistoric times to the 20th century, the panel dedicated to the city district Mariánské Hory and Hulváky stresses mainly the actions carried out in the early 20th century leading to the change of status of Mariánské Hory to a town, which happened on 1 April 1907. One of the main centres of attention of the Hulváky people until the 1960s was a modern public outdoor swimming pool opened in 1930. The exhibition is in this city district on display at the community centre Korunka every working day from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. It also includes an exhibition of children’s works about Ostrava. The exhibition lasts until 30 April.
The exhibition in the city district Hošťálkovice is open to the public from 3 to 30 April at the newly opened restaurant in the Hošťálkovice Cultural Centre. The panel on Hošťálkovice remembers the year 1742, in which the village became part of Prussia because of losing the Silesian Wars. It also mentions the dominant features of the city district – relay tower and TV tower. The vernissage of the Hošťálkovice exhibition took place on 3 April at 5 p.m.