The travelling exhibition From the Venus of Petřkovice to the Dolní Vítkovice Area, which is organized as a part of the celebrations of the 750th anniversary of the first written mention of Ostrava, has moved to another two city districts. In March, the exhibition will be on display in Town Halls of city districts Hrabová and Svinov. Both exhibitions will last until the end of March.
The travelling exhibition called From the Venus of Petřkovice to the Dolní Vítkovice Area presents the most important milestones in the history of the city and throughout the year will be shown in all 23 city districts. The exposition always consists of five large panels, four of which are dedicated to the history of the city and one contains important historical events that took place in the territory of the city district.
The panel dedicated to the city district Hrabová remembers St Catherine’s Church, a cultural monument that can be found even in Hrabová’s emblem. Attention is paid to a famous native poet, writer and translator called Vilém Závada, who was born in Hrabová in 1905.
1847 is an important milestone in the history of Svinov because in this year, a train station was built there and the locality was connected to the Emperor Ferdinand Northern Railway. This important transport connection brought Svinov an unprecedented development. The panel also remembers the change of status of Svinov to a town in 1936.